Responding to the desires of students and alumni, a major University in Towson, Maryland selected SGC Power to design a solution to meet their renewable energy needs and transform their campus into a model for sustainable energy in education.
Utilizing parking decks and roof space from university buildings, SGC Power designed solar arrays throughout the campus to maximize the solar energy production and financial savings for the University. SGC Power worked with finance partner WGL Energy Systems to enter into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the University to finance the portfolio of projects. This PPA provided significant long-term energy savings to the University. The projects helped the University achieve its sustainability goals by generating expected annual solar production of over 1,675 MWh to power University operations.
- 1.35 Megawatt (DC) Solar Project
- 1,675 MWh clean energy produced annually
- 20 Year PPA
- 1.35 Megawatt (DC) Solar Project consisting of multiple rooftop arrays and a large parking deck canopy array.
- Custom design and construction management provided by SGC Power.
- SGC Power – provided project development, engineering, and construction management.
- WGL Energy Systems – provided the financing for the PPA.
Additional Case Studies
A PENNSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY TURNS TO SOLAR
As the University explored its different solar options, SGC Power stepped in to support their commitment.
Read More >
A MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PARK TURNS SOLAR
Renewable energy and sustainability for millions of fans who visit the park to watch baseball and other premier outdoor events.
Read More >