A Major League Baseball club in Washington, D.C., sought to demonstrate the club’s commitment to renewable energy and sustainability to the millions of fans who visit the park to watch baseball and other premier outdoor events.
The baseball club chose to reduce its carbon footprint via onsite solar energy generation, and partnered with WGL Energy Systems to find a solution. WGL turned to SGC Power to develop the project and provide design and build services. SGC Power and the club chose a solar canopy concept located on top of the two stadium parking garages. The solar canopies will supply power to the stadium and provide covered parking for spectators. Construction occurred during the brief off-season period to prevent disruption to park activities, and was completed March 2019.
- 1.46 Megawatt (DC) total system size
- 4,080 solar modules
- 1,890 MWh annual production
- Solar canopies installed on the two parking garages at the park
- Elevated steel canopy structure
- SGC Power – provided project development, engineering, and construction management
- Madison Energy Investments – project owner
Additional Case Studies
A MARYLAND UNIVERSITY TURNS TO ROOFTOP SOLAR
Responding to the desires of students and alumni, a major University in Towson, Maryland selected SGC Power
Read More >
A PENNSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY TURNS TO SOLAR
As the University explored its different solar options, SGC Power stepped in to support their commitment.
Read More >